market day 2

market day 2

วันอาทิตย์ที่ 7 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2553

Doll Faces




I spend much more time contemplating what to do with the doll faces than actually making the faces. To me, faces convey individuality, personality, attitude and emotion. My dolls’ facial features could look innocent, strong, reserved or funny depending on what mood I am in that day. My choices of colors, materials and methods are affected by this approach. Hand-made dolls are not just “dolls”, they are somebody. Not one is the same. I become attached to them just because I made them.

ฉันใช้เวลาในการไตร่ตรองว่าจะทำหน้าตุ๊กตาอย่างไรมากกว่าลงมือทำ สำหรับฉันหน้าตาเป็นสิ่งที่สื่อให้เราเห็นความเป็นปัจเจกบุคลิกทัศนคติและอารมณ์ความรู้สึก ตุ๊กตาของฉันอาจมีองค์ประกอบบนใบหน้าที่ดูไร้เดียงสาเข้มแข็งขรึมหรือตลกแล้วแต่อารมณ์ฉันในวันที่ทำ ทั้งสี วิธีการและวัสดุที่ฉันเลือกต่างก็มาจากแนวการทำงานแบบนี้ ตุ๊กตาทำมือไม่ใช่แค่ ตุ๊กตาแต่เป็นสิ่งที่มีตัวตน แต่ละตัวจะไม่เหมือนกัน ฉันรู้สึกผูกพันกับตุ๊กตาเพราะฉันเป็นคนทำ








Doll faces are important for other people too. Sometimes, it is a matter of to have or not to have. Amish dolls do not have faces. This is in accordance with the religious teaching regarding graven images.

หน้าตาของตุ๊กตาก็เป็นสิ่งสำคัญสำหรับคนอื่นเหมือนกัน บางทีก็เป็นเรื่องของควรหรือไม่ควรมี ตุ๊กตาอามิชไม่มีหน้าตา ซึ่งเป็นการทำตามคำสอนของพระผู้เป็นเจ้าให้ละเว้นการนิยมหรือชื่นชมบูชารูปลักษณ์จนหลงไหล


Many dolls have no nose.
ตุ๊กตาหลายตัวไม่มีจมูก
My Becassine which I bought from years ago in France, is a doll modeled after a comic character of a maid from Brittany.  She has no mouth.
ฉันได้เบคาซีนจากฝรั่งเศสเมื่อหลายปีก่อน เบคาซีนเป็นตุ๊กตาที่มาจากตัวละครในการ์ตูนที่เป็นสาวใช้ชาวบริตตานีย์ ตุ๊กตาตัวนี้ไม่มีปาก



ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น