market day 2

market day 2

วันอังคารที่ 6 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Second Hand



I must admit that I believe in retail therapy. Shopping can sometimes brighten up your day almost instantly. I remember when we had the flood crisis in Bangkok. We evacuated to Khao Yai. One day we took a day trip to Nakhorn Rachasima. The trip was great but somehow it wasn’t enough. I remember looking for something lovely to buy to ease my anxiety. There was nothing to buy. Finally, I ended up with a bar of Moringa soap from the Body Shop counter at The Mall. It felt wonderful to be able to make that purchase. I like the scent of it too.
ต้องยอมรับเลยว่าฉันเชื่อในการบำบัดด้วยการช็อปปิ้ง เวลารู้สึกเซ็งหรือง่วงเหงาหาวนอนพอได้ช็อปสักนิดจิตใจเริ่มแจ่มใสขึ้นมาทันที ตอนช่วงวิกฤติน้ำท่วมเราอพยพไปอยู่เขาใหญ่ มีอยู่วันหนึ่งเราไปเที่ยวที่โคราช เที่ยวอย่างครื้นเครงแต่ก็ยังรู้สึกว่าขาดอะไรบางอย่าง เลยต้องไปควานหาอะไรสวยๆงามมาบำบัดให้หายเครียดเรื่องน้ำ หายากพอสมควร ไม่ค่อยมีอะไรที่ถูกใจ จบลงที่สบู่มอริงก้าหนึ่งก้อนจากร้านบออดี้ช็อบที่เดอะมอลล์ รู้สึกดีขึ้นเยอะหลังจากได้ซื้อ กลิ่นหอมด้วย
Hand painted plate




Silver knives


Hippy style salt and pepper shakers

Farm equipments




Cooking mould

Old wooden shoes for farmers


But shopping can sometimes bring on a lot of guilt. I think way I spend money is fascinating even to myself. While going though university, I spent very little on myself but my expenses were huge. I was a design student so most of my big expenses went to art materials and living. That left me with very little to spend on clothes. Buying second hand was a necessity for me back in the days when ‘vintage’ was not that cool. Second hand clothes and re-worked old clothes were my look. Buying second hand clothes was also a way to appreciate the cut, details and workmanship of old clothes. It is not always about saving costs. After graduation and earning my first pay, I went into a crazy period of reckless spending. Impulse buy was an obsession. I reach a stage in my life where we really have everything we need. Not super luxury. We have other priorities. Browsing has become a pleasure and buying something on a shoestring is a fun sport. Retail therapy only happens on a rare occasion.
แต่การช็อปบางครั้งก็เป็นพาหะของความละอายใจ การใช้เงินของฉันเป็นสิ่งที่แม้แต่ตัวฉันเองก็มองว่าน่าสนใจอยู่มาก ตอนสมัยที่เรียนอยู่มหาวิทยาลัยฉันใช้จ่ายกับของใช้ส่วนตัวน้อยมาก แต่โดยรวมก็ยังมีค่าใช้จ่ายสูงอยู่ดี ฉันเป็นนักศึกษาวิชาออกแบบ ค่าใช้จ่ายส่วนใหญ่เป็นค่าอุปกรณ์ศิลปะและค่ากินอยู่ ซึ่งหมายความว่าค่าเสื้อผ้ามีไม่มาก การซื้อเสื้อมือสองเลยกลายเป็นสิ่งจำเป็นในสมัยที่เสื้อผ้าวินเทจไม่ค่อยคูลเท่าไหร่ เสื้อผ้ามือสองกับเสื้อเก่าที่เอามาดัดแปลงเป็นลุ๊คยอดนิยมของฉัน การซื้อเสื้อมือสองยังเป็นโอกาสที่ทำให้ฉันได้ศึกษาการตัดเย็บ รายละเอียดและฝีมือของคนสมัยก่อน ดังนั้นมันให้เราได้มากกว่าเรื่องการประหยัด พอเรียนจบมีเงินเดือนของตัวเองฉันกลายเป็นคนหมกมุ่นกับการช็อปแบบขาดสติ ในช่วงนั้นกิเลสหนา เห็นอะไรเป็นต้องซื้อ ตอนนี้ฉันมาถึงจุดหนึ่งที่มีทุกอย่างที่จำเป็นครบหมด อาจไม่หรูมาก แต่ฉันก็ให้ความสำคัญกับสิ่งอื่นในชีวิตเหมือนกัน การแค่เดินดูของก็ทำให้มีความสุขแล้ว และถ้าได้ซื้ออะไรในราคาย่อมเยาเกินคาดก็กลายเป็นการละเล่นที่สนุก การบำบัดด้วยการซื้อเป็นเรื่องที่นานๆทีจะมีสักหน

Fashion area


Silk scarves


Brocante (second hand) browsing in France is something I always look forward to. We cannot always bring everything back with us but we manage to bring something special and small when opportunities arise. These pictures are from Le Puy.
เวลาไปฝรั่งเศสฉันชอบไปดูโบรค็องต์(ของมือสอง) เราคงแบกทุกอย่างกลับมาบ้านเราไม่ได้แต่ถ้ามีโอกาสเจอของที่เราชอบที่มีอะไรพิเศษหน่อยและขนาดไม่ใหญ่มากเราก็จะเอากลับมาเมืองไทย ภาพเหล่านี้มาจากเลอพูอี


 


An old poster





ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น