market day 2

market day 2

วันศุกร์ที่ 23 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2554

How We See Things


Three weeks ago I watched the movie “The Mission” on CD with Michel. It was my second time seeing this movie and it has been 25 years since I last saw it at the cinema. I was still at school. I had forgotten how young and slim Robert De Niro, Jeremy Irons and Liam Neeson were. In fact I didn’t remember many details although I liked the movie. Visually, all I remembered was the scene where Father Gabriel climbed up the big waterfall to reach his mission in the South American rain forest and another scene where I saw someone caressing the sloth. The music was certainly something that you couldn’t forget. But it was this quote that stayed with me all this time. So much has happened in my life since 1986, the year this movie was made. What seemed like beautiful poetry when one is young becomes so real when one looks at it with an eye of a much older person.
“If might is right, then love has no place in the world.
เมื่อสามอาทิตย์ก่อนฉันได้ดูหนังซีดีกับมิเชลเรื่องเดอะมิชชั่น เป็นครั้งที่สองที่ฉันดูหนังเรื่องนี้หลังจากครั้งแรกเมื่อยี่สิบห้าปีก่อนตอนที่หนังเข้าโรงใหม่ๆ ตอนนั้นฉันยังเป็นเด็กนักเรียนอยู่เลย ลืมไปแล้วว่าครั้งหนึ่งโรเบิร์ต เดอะ นิโร เจอรามี ไอรอนส์กับเลียม นีสันเคยเป็นหนุ่มสะโอดสะองมาก่อน บอกตามตรงว่าจำรายละเอียดเรื่องนี้ได้น้อยมากแต่รู้ว่าชอบ มีบางฉากที่จำได้ดีอย่างเช่นตอนคุณพ่อกาเบรียลปีนขึ้นไปบนโขดหินน้ำตกสูงเพื่อไปเผยแพร่ศาสนากับชาวป่าดงดิบในอเมริกาใต้ แล้วก็อีกตอนนึงที่ชายคนหนึ่งเอามือลูบตัวสล็อท ดนตรีประกอบหนังเรื่องนี้ก็ยากที่จะลืมได้ แต่ที่จำได้แม่นยำมากคือประโยคหนึ่งซึ่งยังอยู่ในใจฉันจนทุกวันนี้ ทั้งที่มีหลายอย่างที่เกิดขึ้นในช่วงเวลาระหว่างปี 1986 (ปีที่หนังเรื่องนี้ออกฉาย)กับปัจจุบัน ตอนฉันเป็นวัยรุ่นฉันอาจมองคำพูดนี้ว่าเป็นบทกลอนที่สวยงาม แต่มาวันนี้เมื่อชีวิตได้เดินทางมาใกลขนาดนี้ ความหมายของประโยคนี้ดูเป็นสัจจะธรรมจริงๆ
หากการใช้อำนาจและกำลังเป็นสิ่งที่ถูกต้องคงไม่มีพื้นที่เหลือให้ความรักอีกเลย




These pictures are from Le Puy…………..
ภาพมาจากเลอะพูอี…………..




ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น