market day 2

market day 2

วันอังคารที่ 22 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2554

Lemon Polenta Cake


Back in Khao Yai again after a week in Bangkok. I made this lemon polenta cake last night. It is Nigella's rescipe from here. I wanted to try to make wheat free cake. This cake with polenta, ground almonds and lemon juice seemed just right for me. I sunbstituted lemons with limes. I let the whole thing cool over night. It tastes good with the lime syrup but I would be as happy with a sprinkle of icing snow.

I took these pictures out in the morning sun. Initially I had some mint leaves on top. The gusty wind blew the whole thing away leaving only slices of lime. It is cool season now in Khao Yai. We are beginning to feel it.

เรากลับมาเขาใหญ่อีกครั้งหลังจากไปกรุงเทพมาหนึ่งอาทิตย์ ฉันทำขนมเค็กโพเลนต้ารสมะนาวเมื่อคืนนี้ เป็นสูตรของไนเจลลาจากที่นี่ ฉันอยากทำขนมเค็กที่ไม่มีส่วนผสมของแป้งสาลี ขนมเค็กสูตรนี้เหมาะมาก มีทั้งข้าวโพดโพเลนต้า เมล็ดอัลมอนด์บด และน้ำมะนาว ฉันใช้มะนาวเขียวบ้านเราแทนมะนาวเหลือง ปล่อยทิ้งไว้ให้เย็นตลอดคืน รสชาติขนมราดไซรัปมะนาวอร่อยดี แต่ฉันว่าแค่โรยผงไอซิ่งเป็นหิมะบนหน้าเค็กก็พอแล้ว

ฉันถ่ายรูปขนมในช่วงแดดออกตอนเช้า ตอนแรกจัดวางใบสะระแหน่ด้านบน ลมแรงมาก พัดใบสะระแหน่หายไปหมดเหลือแค่มะนาวฝาน ตอนนี้เขาใหญ่เข้าหน้าหนาวแล้ว เริ่มรู้สึกเย็นๆ


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น