market day 2

market day 2

วันอาทิตย์ที่ 12 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Kitsch


I remember a time when I used to follow the design world so religiously that I suffocated myself. In the quest to be a good designer, I am afraid I picked up some elitist attitudes along the way. I am relieved to say that as I get older, I understand that there are reasons for things to exist whether they are in good taste or bad taste. I may think that there are too many junk items around and they make unnecessary wastes but I am a little more tolerant to imperfection. Whether you are high brow or low brow, kitsch things are here to stay. I am sure there is a side to every personality that would appreciate a jolt of colors and enjoy the warmth of something a little bit predictable and friendly. I think that is why we are drawn to vintage items which are yesterday’s mass products. They are an antidote to homogenous things that exist today.
Though I wish for Dan Kwian is that they make more original things that represent a dream of artists and a sense of their local culture, I have to admit that these things make me smile.  All they need is some stylist with sharp eyes to come along and make something wonderful of them.


ฉันจำสมัยที่ฉันตะเกียกตะกายติดตามข้อมูลข่าวสารเกี่ยวกับโลกการออกแบบอย่างลุ่มหลงงมงายจนแทบคลั่ง ในความพยายามที่จะเป็นนักออกแบบที่ดีฉันกลายเป็นคนที่ติดนิสัยที่ทนไม่ได้เวลาเห็นอะไรที่ดูเฉิ่มๆเชยๆ เมื่อโตขึ้นฉันรู้สึกเหมือนค่อยๆถูกปลดปล่อยจากความคิดเดิมๆและเริ่มมีความเข้าใจว่าทำไมสิ่งต่างๆถึงถูกประดิษฐ์ขึ้นมาได้ทั้งที่ดูดีมีรสนิยมหรือไม่มีรสนิยม ฉันอาจจะยังคิดว่ามีสินค้าขยะเต็มบ้านเต็มเมืองที่ไม่จำเป็นต่อผู้บริโภคและยากต่อการรักษาสิ่งแวดล้อม แต่ฉันเริ่มยอมรับอะไรบางอย่างเกี่ยวกับสิ่งที่ตอนแรกเห็นอาจดูไม่น่ามอง ไม่ว่าคุณจะเป็นคนหัวสูงหรือต่ำสินค้าคิทช์ๆเชยๆคงไม่หมดไปง่ายๆจากโลกนี้ ฉันเชื่อว่าต้องมีด้านใดด้านหนึ่งในแต่ละคนที่ชอบสีสันสดใสและรู้สึกอบอุ่นกับความเป็นมิตรไมตรีของสิ่งที่ไม่เคยเปลี่ยนแปลง ฉันว่านี่เป็นสาเหตุหนึ่งที่ทำให้เราชอบของวินเทจที่เคยเป็นสินค้าที่ผลิตเป็นจำนวนมากในสมัยก่อน สินค้าเหล่านี้เป็นตัวช่วยบรรเทาความเลี่ยนของสิ่งที่ดูเรียบๆโหลๆจำเจในปัจจุบัน
ถึงแม้ว่าฉันจะอยากให้ด่านเกวียนมีสินค้าที่แปลกแหวกแนวมีตัวตนของศิลปินและกลิ่นอายของวัฒนธรรมท้องถิ่นใส่เข้าไปด้วย ต้องยอมรับว่าของที่วางขายทำให้ฉันยิ้มได้เหมือนกัน บางทีถ้าสไตลิสต์สายตาแหลมคมได้เอาไปใช้อาจทำให้สินค้าเหล่านี้มีมูลค่าเพิ่มมากขึ้นอย่างเหลือเชื่อ










ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น