market day 2

market day 2

วันพุธที่ 11 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2555

Cars

I don't normally blog about cars. I prefer to blog about something else. But the cars I am talking about are cute. For a long time, my dream car use to be Morris Minor for its curves and small size. In Australia and New Zealand, there are still some of those that are road worthy. In fact, I was close to buying one while I was in New Zealand. My father stopped me. He said that if I did not have any mechanical skills, I should buy something more modern. Morris Minor should not be my only car to get around but a car to keep as a treasure.

ปกติฉันไม่บล็อกเกี่ยวกับรถ อยากจะบล็อกเกี่ยวกับอย่างอื่นมากกว่า แต่รถที่อยากพูดถึงมันน่ารักจริงๆ รถที่ัฉันชอบมากและชอบมานานแล้วคือมอริสไมเนอร์เพราะรูปทรงโค้งเว้าและไซส์กระทัดรัด ที่ออสเตรเลียและนิวซีแลนด์ยังเห็นวิ่งไปวิ่งมาอยู่บนท้องถนน มีอยู่ช่วงหนึ่งตอนอยู่นิวซีแลนด์ฉันเกือบหลวมตัวซื้อไปแล้วถ้าพ่อไม่ห้ามไว้เสียก่อน พ่อบอกว่าถ้าไม่มีทักษะเรื่องการดูและเครื่องยนต์ก็ควรจะหารถที่ทันสมัยกว่านี้มาใช้ รถมอริสไมเนอร์มันควรเป็นรถที่ไม่ใช่เป็นคันเดียวที่เราใช้งาน แต่ควรเป็นรถที่ซื้อมาเก็บไว้ดูเล่นเป็นสมบัติ


Image from here
 Now that I am in Thailand, I don't see a Morris Minor any more. The only time I get to see anything as cute is when I travel abroad.

We were in France late last year. On that journey we fell in love with this rental car. A Fiat. I tell you, it was cute. It looked vintage but it was so modern in everyway. Our holiday was much more fun because we had this car.

ตอนนี้อยู่เมืองไทย ไม่มีโอกาสเห็นมอริสไมเนอร์อีกแล้ว ถ้าอยากเห็นรถน่ารักๆก็ต้องไปดูตอนไปต่างประเทศ

เราไปฝรั่งเศสช่วงปลายปีที่แล้ว ระหว่างเดินทางเราสองคนตกหลุมรักรถเช่าคันนี้ เป็นรถเฟี๊ยต เปรี๊ยวจริงอะไรจริง ดูวินเทจแต่ขับคล่องสบายแบบรถทันสมัย ทำให้เที่ยวสนุกยิ่งขึ้นไปอีก







When I was a young girl, Nonthaburi Province used to have a lot of small Fiats which people used as taxis. They use to be a unique feature of the town. They no longer exist.

This is Fiat advertising from the 60's.  I have to say, Morris Minor may be my first love but Fiat is my current crush. I do have a lot to say about cars after all.

สมัยเด็กจำได้ว่าที่เมืองนนท์มีรถรับจ้างแบบแท็กซี่เป็นรถเฟี๊ยตทั้งเมือง ทำให้เป็นจุดเด่นอีกอย่างหนึ่งของจังหวัดนนทบุรี แต่ตอนนี้หายไปหมดแล้ว

ข้างล่างนี้เป็นโฆษณารถเฟี๊ยตจากยุค 60's บอกตามตรงว่ามอริสไมเนอร์อาจเป็นรักแรกแต่เฟี๊ยตเป็นรักปัจจุบันค่ะ สำหรับคนที่ไม่ค่อยอยากบล็อกเรื่องรถ บล็อกซะยาวเชียว

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น